top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureLucian@going2paris.net

The 50:1 Principle - Thank The Italians!


April 22, 2020


You likely have come across Pareto's Principle, inspired by the work of 19th-century Italian engineer and economist Vilfredo Pareto. Commonly called the "80-20 Rule," Pareto's Principle states that 20 percent of your actions generate 80 percent of your results and 80 percent of your actions generate the other 20 percent of your results.


But what if you apply Pareto's Principle to itself and do that one more time? You get that just 1 percent of your effort (20 percent of 20 percent of 20 percent) generates 50 percent of your results.


Is this true? Of course not. But it does illustrates a point: All of your effort is not valued equally. Like the time I sit on the couch versus the time I spend doing planks. 🤓

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Guy Wire?

The term Guy Wire, Guy Line, Guy Rope, or sometimes just Guy, derives from the French word “guie,” meaning guide or to guide found in use about 900 years ago. The Dutch, in the 1600’s, began the use o

Comentários


bottom of page